Apply For CSCS Card

Apply For Trainee Card

Get your Trainee Card by filling the Trainee Card Application above.

This card cannot be renewed. Cardholders are expected to complete their qualification by the time the card expires and apply for a Blue Skilled CSCS Card.

This temporary card is available if you are a trainee and registered to complete a construction related qualification. The qualification may be vocational, academic or professional, but must be acceptable for a skilled CSCS card.
For more information about registering(enrollment) for NVQ Level 2, please visit NVQ Level 2.

Applicants must also have passed the CITB health, safety and environment test for operatives within the last 2 years.

Trainee card applicants must be able to provide proof of registration onto their qualification. As a minimum, you are required to provide evidence from your University, Professional Body or qualification’s awarding body that includes:


Applicant’s Full Name


Full qualification title of the course you are registered to, including level if relevant.


Date of registration proof required for;

  • Vocational Qualifications (i.e. NVQ or SVQ) must be in the last two years.
  • Academic qualifications (i.e. Degree, HND or HNC) must be in the last five years. This is due to the difference in length of time to achieving this qualification.

Still not sure which test to take? Contact Support.